Thursday, May 1, 2008

Life

I am gearing up for the Macungie Classic next weekend for the 2 day, 4 show extravaganza. This year we are holding a challenge, the GREAT AMERICAN WHITEOUT for white American cavies. If I had the pigs I had last year, I might have a chance. The show sow I have been showing all spring, TM Mandolin, got her ear ripped the other day by another sow and so she is now out of the picture. I have nice pigs to show, just not one that says, pick me. Now,, in satin americans,, that's a different story. If my white satin sow holds condition, she will be damned hard to beat. But, you never really know what the judge will pick or how they will fault each pig. We shall see. Generally speaking, if I don't win, one of my friends does! We are a fairly close-knit bunch and all get along and are happy for each others' successes.

I ordered a new car last night, an xD scion. I want something that gets better gas mileage yet can haul a few pigs. Thought about the Matrix- not good enough mpg and the Fit. My son has a Fit which I like but I thought I would like the xD better. Not sure when I will be taking delivery on it. I don't like lots of options on a car,, went with the basic radio,, who can hear and appreciate good sound anymore? yet I wanted alloy wheels and a wind deflector so that I look younger and sportier than my years :). And it has tire pressure sensor- one of my great anxieties in driving- a flat tire.

4 comments:

Gail said...

We got our first SUV last Dec. and it was the best purchase of a vehicle we've had ever. Traded in a Nissan Maxima for a GMC Acadia that allows us to get into and out of the car easily (old bones and low cars don't mix). Gets good gas milage around town and excellent mileage on the road and the big plus, getting groceries out of the back is much easier. Only wish we'd traded earlier, but since we've no kids nor grandkids to haul around, it seemed foolish to have a SUV...but our puppy likes to ride in the back.

Anonymous said...

We are keeping the 4runner,, there are times when I need a big vehicle to haul lots of pigs and their necessities (like this next weekend in Macungie) and when husband goes kayaking etc. I have almost as much trouble getting in and out of it though as the del sol- this car seems just right. I agree about old bones,, my right hip takes spells of barely allowing me to hobble.

Brenda said...

hey old ladies!!!!! that will be me screaming by you in my convertible with my dyed hair blowing in the wind. :)

i put some chopin in the cd player and zone out.

Gail said...

Spidey, now you're just bragging ;-)

Until 5/31, XM has a station devoted to George Strait-all Strait, all the time. So instead of Chopin, I'm blasting classic(al) music too. So there.