Thursday, April 24, 2008

Today

My freaking Neptune washer finally burnt up last week, and by burnt up I mean it. I could smell the thing and when I opened the door, out poured smoke. My husband insisted I try to have it repaired but the repair was 484 dollars so I declined and paid the technician for his trip. Money down the freaking drain. I did not point this out to my husband (I said, it will cost too damn much to repair). I did get another front loading machine because despite its poor service, I did like front loading. This time I bought an LG machine, neither the top of the line with steam cleaning capabilities nor bottom of the line with small capacity- and for the first time in my life, I bought extended five year warranty. I am thinking of you, M Sb- it's ironing duty today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

watch out, the dryer will go next, they alwasy die in pairs, mourning the loss of their mate. right after we got the house all the appliances died within a few weeks of eachother, well except the fridge. the fridge is older than i am and still hanging in there. we're getting a new one this summer. we went to look around and i kept asking the man if they had just a fridge, as we don't need a freezer. the salesman looked at me like i was crazy. i wish we could just get a fridge without the freezer, imagine all the extra room. our microwave is pretty old too. i'm not pushed to repalce what doesn't need it though. i really got my dad's tightwad streak. i'm alrady pissed off that we have to get a new TV next year when our current TV is only 4 years old.

jilly

Anonymous said...

If I lived near Id do youironing

Gail said...

Our old refrigerator finally died after 30 years of (mostly) faithful service. I've never been so happy to see an appliance bite the dust.

Jilly, you can get a convertor box for the TV and there are coupons offered by the gov't to help with the cost. Frankly, I think it's all a plot to get us to buy new tellys.