Monday, September 29, 2008

Amazing Grace

On Thursday evening, my daughter and I induced a hugely pregnant cream satin sow that we were worried about. We successfully delivered five nice sized pups. Often when you induce a sow the milk doesn't come in. I had to go to Ohio for the weekend and so decided to take mom and the babies along to supplement in case mom's milk came in late or not at all. So they got packed up and taken to Ohio. On the way home Sunday I stopped to feed them. The towel covering them had fallen into the cage on one side and one of the pups (the only sow baby in the litter) had managed to get out. At the gas station in Wytheville, Va., I am unpacking the car trying to find it. Can't. Called my folks in Ohio to see if maybe it had hopped out there and I just didn't notice since the towel was covering the cage to keep the babies warm from the cold air on Sunday. Wasn't back in Ohio. I was very upset- felt like a negligent Mom. I stopped again to feed the pups and look for the missing one. Still no joy. When I got home, I carefully unpacked a full car. Then I heard a squeek. The baby had crawled into the space between the backseat and the back compartment up where you couldn't see her. But you could feel her. Husband went on one side, scared her into shifting a bit and then I was able to get her out. Amazing Grace- once was lost, but now am found. This is a pig that will never be sold. But you all know I am a Sentimental.

8 comments:

vq said...

Awwww...I do love a happy ending.

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

great name :) great song :) Great story :)

Brenda said...

you asked about achilles tendonitis on kathryns blog.
is this something chronic or acute? if it is chronic, your best bet is to go to a physical therapist. they can give you massage and excercise. if it is a new condition, it is best to get it taken care of so it doesn't become chronic. ice on the area and rest are the best bet. a heel lift to aleviate the stretching on that side would help. do you need some orthotics for the inside of your shoes? no quick answer for this unfortunatly.

sheila222 said...

Spidey- this is same foot I have PF on. Last year I spent about six months doing basically what you described for Kath. Now that seems to be about 90% better and up jumps this terrible tendonitis which some days hurts so bad I couldn't imagine someone massaging it. Because of the PF I bought many pairs of good walking shoes that sort of look like sport sandals- Merrells etc. And I throw them out now when I think I have 500 miles on them, even though they look perfectly good.

In other news, I think Amazing Grace is Amazing Garçon- his small bits have grown and are now visible. Sort of sounds like a magician. And for my next disappearing act,,,,

Jilly said...

what a lucky piggy.

i know what you mean about not wanting a massage. when i went to see the dr about my hand, i told him that it hurts so bad, i can't open the hand. what did he do? he grabbed my hand and tried to force the finger open. i was about to smash my fist into his eye when he got the great idea of letting go. good luck with your foot.

jilly

Brenda said...

are you doing alot of up hill walking? if so you have stretched it so much it needs a break.

Anonymous said...

bravo for Amazing garcon! Here's wishing him a long, happy, car-free (hahha) life
:D
C.

Ann said...

Could never that baby anywhere else but with you. Amazing what things can touch your heart just when you need them