Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pain

About a month ago I had a basal cell carcinoma biopsied from the tragus of my ear That's that little triangular piece of tissue in the front of your ear. This morning I had a MOHS procedure done- tissue sparing. I said, just make sure I have enough left to hold in a hearing aid- that's probably next year's purchase. They had to reconstruct the dang thing anyhow with a flap they pulled over to cover the cartilage that was left. The numbing has worn off and it feels like someone is continuing to torch my ear- they did do a lot of cautery. They gave me a script for real drugs which is in the process of being filled right now. I will likely use them tonight when I go to bed. Suture removal in 7 days.

6 comments:

Gail said...

Ouch! Hope it'll be better soon and the blowtorcher will put down his torch.

mavis sidebottom said...

I bet that smarts

Anonymous said...

Cautery is a word you never see in love songs and I personally think it's really a shame.

Will this effect your ability to hear tintinnabulation? (My sister-in-law said this was the word of the day on some website and asked me what it meant. I told her. She didn't believe I already knew, so she had to go through a list of previous words before she'd finally admit that I have quite the vocabulary, for a Mexican...

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

sheesh there is a lot of pain in blogging world today

Anonymous said...

OUCH!!! I hope you feel better soon!

Bert Bananas said...

Sheila! I never saw your request to visit my blogs! I'm thrilled down to the bottom of my jockey shorts!