Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I hate days

when you wake up with a headache and it never really seems to go away. It just sits back there, mildly annoying after the drugs kick in, but waiting to roar back as soon as your blood levels of whatever therapeutic agent you took drop.

I have all the carriers set up and my show lineup for the TSF selected. Want to hear their names?

Patrick, Julia, Oboe Oboe Oboe, Magic Man, EttaPig, Etta Girl, Piccalo, Magpie, Garth, Emmylou, Nessie, Nellie, Peter, Reo Lobo, Take a Gander. Etta Girl and Etta Boy-yes, they were littermates- were the best in show winners. I need to check and make sure they don't need a bath.

Went and got pig groceries. On the road they get all sorts of treats to help them maintain condition. Some pigs say,, ROAD TRIP, and they LOVE it, and love to strut their stuff on the show table. Who could imagine. Others really don't do well travelling and I generally don't keep those guys on the show string. No need for misery. Lots of newbies on this trip. I retired several after the last show in Cashiers. Give someone else a chance to bring home the glory.

4 comments:

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

Have you ever given us a good story about how you were bitten by the piggy bug? It is always so interesting to hear your stories

sheila222 said...

Your wish is my command. My next post will be an article that was published in the Journal of the American Cavy Breeders. Jim Hupp is now the President of the fancy. I had a hiatus of virtually no pigs from end of undergrad college until my son was about 6. (One of my clients did give me Marigold when I was practicing, but I am talking continuous ownership). For the past 20 years we have been raising them and for the last 9 or so years, showing them. This might sound crazy, but Pig Shows and Cell Phones and Mapquest have given me much greater confidence. Before pig shows, no way would I get in the car and drive to unknown places but they gave me the motivation, and cell phones and mapquest gave me the tools and backup security to feel like I could meet any emergency and find my way.

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

I am looking forward to it. Oh and I absolutely understand the whole Mapquest thing. I have always been terrified to go out on my own to find a place I never have been. Directions are difficult for me unless they are very clear. I love the little turn left after .05 miles although now that I am having to wear reading glasses I am a bit of a hazard trying to read the map look at the signs and drive all at the same time

mavis sidebottom said...

I just hate days ( and nights ) at the moment