Thursday, July 5, 2007

Frangipig




Last night about midnight, Frangipig (Faranna's pigsake) went into labor and had these three little white satin babies- two boars and one sow. This morning I woke up and when I came into the caviary, another sow had had her babies as well. Everyone seems to be doing fine at this point. All they need to do now is find the nipples (2), latch on and grow. Frangipig is a very good mother and is very attentive to her babies. (I believe that there are only two shelf pigs left,, frangipig and biff)
Yesterday was pretty much like all days- this time the errand was out for rat food. The thing that is fun about the rats is that you can share your food with them. Last week I had to make a run about 50 miles away to get a pig for some other folks and I stopped by a fast food place for a fish sandwich. I ate about half of it and brought the other half home for the rats. They were in heaven!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

no french fries?

jilly

UrbanStarGazer said...

My older brother had a pet rat when we were kids, she LOVED parsley. That was her favorite food.

Anonymous said...

Since you tell me there aren't many Shelf Pigs yet, I hesistate to ask about Dame Pig.

Anonymous said...

Dame died this spring, as did David. Dame has one offspring still here in the caviary- Echinacea- who just had a litter 5/21- my birthday. The two little boars in that litter were sold last weekend to a family and I am keeping the two sows to show.