Monday, June 1, 2009

Stuff

Not much exciting happening, but I will share the "big" stuff. March- Husband went to Utah skiing, and on one of the days he took sightseeing down near Arches or whereever the hell he was (and it looks like HELL to me- I would get tired of looking at that country in about 3 minutes) he hit a mule deer in the rented car. The process is still ongoing, the rental car place hasn't rec'd all its money from the insurance folks who seem to be dragging their feet and contemplating their colon from the inside. So the rental car folks are like, get this mess straightened out. I refused to deal with it for my husband,, this time I said, the mess is yours and you can talk to the insurance folks. Our local insurance fellow is pretty much worthless, he doesn't handle much except sales, so he turfed husband to a "team leader" who said, yeah, I can see that we were supposed to pay 100% of the claim, but for some reason, we put you down for a 250 buck deductible (thinking we wouldn't notice?- they did that same thing to me earlier this year when we had another comprehensive claim). I told husband, you need to follow this up with the rental folks before they slam your credit card with an unauthorized charge, then you will have that much more of a mess to clean up. I am pretty sure he ignored sound advice since that seems to be his general mode of operations. I tend to call twice, get names and badge numbers when I deal with folks and follow up on any twists and turns. That's enough for now, in a few days I'll catch you up on April.

5 comments:

schell said...

Don't you just hate dealing with "customer service" in any type of business?

Jilly said...

i often find i have to call the sales number and then vent loud and hard to the poor salesperson in order get a number or transfered to someone who isn't a machine that can help with issues. most places make it easier to raise the dead than to get ahold of someone to help youor to deal with a problem.

they're banking on your hubby not getting mad and yelling or following up in order to cheat you. if it gets bad, e-mail bert, he's got a lot of sound insurance advice that he gives for FREE.

love,
jilly

emma said...

sheila,
have you ever been to the utah salt flats . . . . . . . boring ass landscape and what's worse, it goes on and on . . . to infinity and beyond

sheila222 said...

No, the farthest west of the Mississippi I have been was Colorado when I was six. I am a fan of rocks and rills, mountains (appalachians) and hills. While not wanting to live on the side of a mountain, I also don't want to live on the flatlands where when it floods, it spreads out over miles. I like a mixed hardwood forest (not the da'burn sweet gum and pine we have here, with an odd white and red oak. Which if ded reads this, that white oak he was worried about leafed out normally this spring, so who knows what's going on with it.

consejos para cocinas pequeñas said...

Who said he wasn't a good man or isnt a good man, however he committed a crime didn't he? Any empathy for the family this happened to? Why go to the rescue of the man who hurt the family in Nettlebrook? That seems odd. The family that was the victim of this crime I am sure are good people. What about them?