Monday, March 17, 2008

Pig Shows Sunday

First shows of the season for me. There have been others held that I would normally have attended had not health issues intervened. Totally new lineup this spring with the exception of Mandolin. I won best of breed and best opposite sex of breed in American Satins in both shows which was decent. In two weeks I will be down in Conyers, GA for a triple show. Tree, I finished a season of fire and ice by Zimpel published by Unbridled. A very bleak book. And am about 1/3 through Buyer's book which I AM enjoying just as you reckoned I would.

4 comments:

Gail said...

I forgot to mention that the traffic in Conyers is usually horrible-at least the last time we were there-so be patient, at least it won't be a football weekend with all the UGA fans trying to get to Athens thru Conyers ;-)

Gail said...

And where are you? I get the feeling it's Tennessee somewhere but I've been known to be wrong ( a lot).

Anonymous said...

I am in Raleigh, NC, Gail,, and yes,, the traffic is terrible... I used to come in from the north,, down thru Monroe, etc and one year it took over an hour to go a mile,, but now, I come down 95 to 20 and a straight shot across to Conyers. Our motel is right off on an adjacent service road, thank goodness. We have the show in the old Maxell plant 1400 Parker Road. It is held as part of the Decatur Rabbit Breeders show.

Gail said...

95 to 20 is the only way. We went to Maryland several years ago on I-85 but came home via 95 to 20-such an improvement! Have a great time and I hope the weather holds up for you as it's wonderful here today-72 or so and sunny!