Sunday, September 16, 2007

Happy Anniversary

My folks have been married for 56 years today. When I called them,, my father always says the same predictable thing,, well, Mom has had X number of years to regret marrying me. The truth is that they have been a blessing to each other, and they know it. They each can be difficult and stubborn, but have made each other's life fuller and richer. It is a great boon to be born into a stable household and I recognize this more and more the older I get. June and Alan- many happy returns- I love you and you me. Thank goodness we say it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your parents, Sheila. I always love to hear stories about couples that have been together for so long.

Brenda said...

congrats to your mom and dad. it is great when two people come together and stay there.