Saturday, December 29, 2007

Splat

Yesterday I went to pick up my pallet of pig feed from the Conway Freight depot. I order what I consider the best food in the country from a small mill up in South Whitley, IN. In unwrapping the clear plastic wrap from the waist high pallet that was sitting on the forklift, my address page blew away. Being a confirmed non-litterer, I leapt to get it before the wind could carry it much farther away and in the process I managed to catch my upper thigh on one of the prongs of the forklift. And as I was falling, I thought, damn, this is gonna be ugly. It wasn't too bad, I landed on one hip and a hand, didn't tear my clothes, just an ugly bruise on my inner thigh,, up high,, i was thinking,, this is a good thing i am not a man. The poor fellow helping me about had a cow, he couldn't help me enough and wouldn't let me load up any of the feed, and kept asking if he could do anything for me or summon any help. I assured him that the only thing damaged, and that only slightly, was my dignity. But hey, it takes more than a fall to embarrass me much anymore. He was more upset than me, bless his heart,,, I hope he didn't have to fill out an incident report! Trouble is with trifocals,, sometimes what you don't see below a certain point simply doesn't exist,, like the tine on this forklift.

2 comments:

Catz said...

oh my,hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

i love you for being so dedicated to your causes, most people pay lipservice, but you seem to really believe and to contribute.

jilly