Friday, July 11, 2008

Sore Throat, Windshields and Cable Men, in that order

I've had a da'gum sore throat for four days now and am about ready to bust out the pig medicine and swill some. And yes, you betcha. I allus buy human grade so's we can share if need be.



A lot happened on this day in history at our house. Had the windshield in the 4runner replaced. Nice fellow. Did an admirable job in a grand fashion. Had Thomas the cable man out to fix our cable. You know, I absolutely despise TW Cable Co, but their field service guys are top notch. Their office help not so much. But I have to say, the guys who actually come out are knowledgeable and capable and I appreciate them. Which will show on my survey. We tried to get a dish but the trees (obviously I didn't cut enough of them down!) are blocking the signal unless we plant the thing out in the middle of our front yard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know anything about TW cable, but there was a story up here about a little old lady walking into a Comcast office and busting shizz up with a hammer because she was so fed up with their lousy service.

Anonymous said...

i find that most of the people who come to my house to fix stuff are nice but the office people are rude and ignorant. i guess they feel they can be rude because htey'll never see me fact-to-face.

jilly

(p.s. mandolin is trying to type too right now and says hello)

Gail said...

unless we plant the thing out in the middle of our front yard.

Yep, we had the same problem, but when my husband got ready to retire, we bit the bullet and now have a lovely (snort) dish in our front yard. By now, I hardly notice it :-) but the there's still nothing on the telly-nine hundred channels and we still watch Walker Texas Ranger ;-(