Sunday, June 1, 2008

Last Show

Yesterday down in Columbia, SC, I attended my last show of the Spring Season. It was 94+ degrees- absolutely sweltering. A passing rain shower did nothing but make it more humid and miserable. I had to get up at three to load up my car (the new xD) and drive down 230 miles to get there by 8:30. Loading takes me about an hour. I am not an overly fast driver. I tend to try and go exactly the speed limit with the help of cruise control. Had two shows and then I drove home. I was so tired I was just this side of nauseated. Do you ever get that feeling? I find it very hard to sleep before a long drive I know I am going to have to make- granted this one wasn't that long, I just was worried about being late. So I had very little rest Friday night. Anyhow, I did good, not great. Did have one reserve in show with TM Tumbleweed,, a pretty damn nice little cream satin boar. The judges have liked him all spring. Time now to find him a girlfriend and make little tumblelets.

No comments: