Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sold!

A few posts ago I showed you a picture of some baby pigs,, well, the one on the right, a little sow went to a new home today- a little visually impaired girl. I think she will enjoy her; the pig was very calm which was good. I survived Thanksgiving- still doing up laundry and putting away the extra bedding that was pulled out of spacebags for guests. I do think those spacebags make a lot of extra room in my linen closet and do keep bugs out,, a problem ever present here in the south. My mother in law goes home Thursday morning and then I will count myself and household back to normal. Just in time for Christmas preparations. I would say that Thanksgiving is probably a bigger "family" day for us than Christmas. Certainly a bigger feast day.

6 comments:

Waltzing Matilda said...

Are spacebags the ones that such the air out of the bag to make it very small? I'm thinking about getitng some of those because my new home is just so small that we can't find room for everything.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you hook it up to your vacuum and draw off the air,, sort of same principle as those Seal-a-Meal things but for fabrics.

Waltzing Matilda said...

Where did you get them? Do they have them at Wal-Mart?

Beysshoes said...

Sheila, I came by for a li'l visit and to thank you for the chat today. I appreciated the 'sniff & nudge'. (... and I wonder why I'm misunderstood by some). Oh Mel, you're still questing on that spacebag thing. I get mine from QVC ... they have the ones with gussets. Sarai

Anonymous said...

Sarai,, I will tell you straight out that I can't decipher half of what you say- we must not be on the same wavelength, either that or I am totally oblivious to current speech patterns. What is a sniff and nudge? Thanks for stopping by the Pig Pen.

Beysshoes said...

Sheila,

Most of what I say is metaphoric and playful in nature. Your being a Veterinarian and with farm animals about ... the sniff and nudge was meant to be a reference to how critters interact. The irony in this is that I thought I was speaking your language. Thanks for speaking plainly ... Sarai